So once again I’ve been playing along with the #StoryIn12 flash fiction meme on twitter, hosted by Molly (aka @mollysdailykiss) and Wriggly Kitty (aka @Wriggly_Kitty). The challenge, if you didn’t know, is to write a “complete” story in exactly 12 words, that includes the prompt.
Here are mine for June:
- Tap – Tap… Tap… Tap… He waited, impatiently, for her to obey his command.
- Dome – Beneath the Cathedral’s marbled dome, they proclaimed their devotion to each other.
- Singer – Just like a siren, the singer lured her victims to their doom.
- Provoke – Provoke me once more and you will feel the leather’s sharp kiss.
- Self – It was the hardest loss to bear, the loss of one’s self.
- Acquaintance – In the beginning she was an acquaintance, now she is a lover.
- Absolute – The destruction was absolute. His world could now be made as new.
- Absent – No one had missed him. Being absent wasn’t so bad after all.
- Magazine – Dust gathered on the magazine, lying unread and unwanted on the shelf.
- Humanity – Humanity, he reflected with sorrow, had almost no redeeming features worth mentioning.
- Fog – The fog slowly cleared to reveal a landscape bathed in warm sunshine.
- Beg – I want you to hear you beg for release, sweet little one.
- Close – She snuggled in close, taking comfort in the embrace of his arms.
- Pace – Her moans grew louder, as he increased the pace, taking her harder.
- Admission – It was an admission of her guilt, for which punishment would follow.