- Why would you go to a therapist?
a. You need support
b. You want to take responsibility for your life’s outcomes?
c. You need guidance and to be told what to do
I have been to a therapist/counsellor because of my depression. I went because I need some extra support. I needed to discuss what was in my head with someone on the outside, who wasn’t directly involved or affected by my moods. Seeking help was a way of taking back some element of control when my depression had dragged me down to the very bottom.
- Thinking of the main lover in your life, what is sex for her:
a. stress relief, tension reliever
b. a way to show love
c. something exciting she likes to do
I would think that it is a combination of all three to some extent, but primarily it would be something that she enjoys doing and wants to do. The fact that it is me that she wants to do it with is something I never take for granted.
- Do you feel a partner is being invasive for wanting to know your plans and inner thoughts? Not inherently so, no. It’s all part of the communication that relationships need to grow and deepen. That said, there are time I want what’s in my mind to stay there. Not out of any desire for secrecy, just that I need to reflect on it a bit longer before deciding on the best course of action for dealing with whatever is on my mind.
- In your opinion, what is intimate sharing? It is anything that you chose to share with another person that effectively gives them something they could use against you. It’s trusting another person with the things that make you who you are.
- Would you enjoy a weekend by yourself, without the company of your partner? Where would you go? What would you do? There is no “would I?” about it. I have done and no doubt will do again. I think it is important for everyone to have some time that is just for them, be it a weekend, or nothing more than 10 minutes. Sometimes you need that space to allow you to heal/care for yourself. It may seem a little bit selfish, but I believe you can’t truly care for someone else without caring for yourself first; if only because it make the task of caring for you that little bit easier for them
Depends on the circumstances but yes. There would be times I could wear it when she wouldn’t have to see it, so I don’t see it really being an issue.